Protection for metallic pipes, with or without insulating material, on wall or slab. ETS® CoverT is a flexible mattress, made of fibres for high temperatures, with high resistance to fire and wrapped in an aluminium film. The closing of ETS® CoverT happens by making the borders collimate and by fixing them with adhesive aluminium tape ETS® Tape. The protective is further fixed with metallic thread, made of stainless iron ETS® Steelwire, placed all around and pulled with pinsers. Interstices to seal, in the crossing area of the wall, must be filled with intumescent ETS® Seal. The application of ETS® CoverT on a wall can be done in two ways:
1) Crossing on dedicated hole:
ETS® CoverT gets splitted. In this case, the application is done on both sides of the wall, for a lenght of 400 mm, on a hole (which is a multiple passage for pipes). The hole must be successively compartmentlized with ETS® Panel and ETS® Paste.
2) On slab:
the application of ETS® CoverT can be done only on the crossing, without interruptions. Certification is valid for dedicated crossings and for passageways. The passage must be successively closed and compartmentalized with ETS® Panel or ETS® Paste.
Product details available soon
Price considered per square meter
ETS® CoverT is a protective for metallic pipes, with or without insulating material, with a thickness of 20 mm. It is a flexible needlefished mattress, made of fibres that do not contain organic binders or natural resins for high temperatures. It has a high resistance to fire and is wrapped in an aluminium film. The product must be placed in the wall crossing with a single layer, sticking out both sides of the wall. Otherwise, it can be splitted and applied on the sides for 400 mm of lenght. It can easily be modelled and cut, as well as closed with adhesive aluminium tape ETS® Tape. ETS® CoverT is certified according to the EN1366-3 standard for the protection of metallic tubes that cross EI compartments. They cause the sparkle of a fire by transmitting the heat along the metallic trait or by melting the insulating material the tube usually has. ETS® CoverT can be used on walls on which a passageway was made, in order to allow more than a pipe to pass through it. In this case the hole must be restored with a ETS® Panel, by adding the compound ETS®Paste and filling the holes and discontinuities in the wall.
Clean the pipes from possible deposits of building processes or other. Calculate the development of the circumference of the pipe (C=2TI x r). ETS® CoverT must be laid with a single layer, making the borders collimate and fixing them with aluminium adhesive tape ETS® Tape. The interstices that have to be sealed in the crossing wall area must be filled with intumescent mastic ETS ® Seal. The laying and measures must be done as it follows:
To guarantee a protection of EI120:
1) ETS® CoverT is placed across uninterrupted wall, so that there are almost 430 mm per side plus the thickness of the wall. In the particular case of a plasterboard wall of 125 mm, the necessary lenght is of 1 m, which coincides with the natural width of the material. The maximum diameter of the pipes, clear of intumescent material, that can be protected is 6″ and 4“.
2) For pipes up to 3″ + intumescent material it is possible to break the protective by installing ETS® CoverT against the wall, for 400 mm of lenght. If the same pipes pass in the passageway, the hole must be restored with double panel ETS® Panel and compound ETS®Paste. After that, the pipe gets bandaged for 400 mm on both sides of the wall.
3) For pipes up to 3″ + intumescent material, that cross the battery (see scheme) through a hole made if needed. It is necessary to protect them in a unique bundle with a ETS® CoverT lenght of at least 1000 mm.
To guarantee a EI90 protection:
1) For pipes up to 10“, the lenght of the interrupted protective must be calculated so that there are almost 240 mm on each side + the thicnkess of the wall. In case of a plasterboard wall of 125 mm, the requested lenght is of abput 60 cm.